Saturday, March 1, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Viola Larson at Naming His Grace. Apparently a tag is kind of like the game of tag, and now I'm It. I have to do what the tag is about (if I want to.) I'm supposed to tell 6 quirky or unimportant things about me, so here goes, in no particular order.

1. My favorite food is cereal.

2. I always know how many days old I am. This is a result of my liking to play with numbers in my head, whenever I'm not doing anything else.

3. In 1971, fully in the midst of the Cold War, I once (as a 20-year-old American college girl) manned the gate of the Soviet Embassy in Prague, allowing vehicles in and out. This was behind the Iron Curtain.

4. Several times, to accompany the church choir I sing in, I have played a percussion instrument called a VibraSlap.

5. In college I studied Mandarin Chinese for two years. I took Sanskrit, too.

6. I know all 50 states in alphabetical order. Also backwards alphabetical order. Also their capitals.

That's it! This is trivia. Now I think I will tag Judy Shaw at Stitch Along with Me.

3 comments:

Viola Larson said...

All very interesting, but this "In 1971, fully in the midst of the Cold War, I once (as a 20-year-old American college girl) manned the gate of the Soviet Embassy in Prague, allowing vehicles in and out. This was behind the Iron Curtain." you must write more about. I am fascinated.

Judy S. said...

Hi Debbie,

I know about the Vibra-Slap, but what were you doing in Prague? Can you speak Czech also? Wow, I'm going to have to think hard to come up with quirky facts as interesting as yours!

Debbie said...

OK, Viola & Judy, I was going to e-mail you guys about the Soviet Embassy thing, but it turned into such a long explanation that I decided I might just as well put it on the blog, so that's where you'll find it.

And no, Judy, I don't speak Czech, but it would be cool if I could!